Do you owe federal income tax from prior years and would like to see your current balance? You can view your account information through this IRS tool.
If you’re an individual taxpayer, you can use this tool to view:
- Your payoff amount, updated for the current calendar day
- The balance for each tax year for which you owe
- Up to 18 months of your payment history
- Key information from your current tax year return as originally filed.
Once you have viewed your information, you can:
- Select an electronic payment option
- Go directly to Get Transcript without having to log in again
- Your balance will update no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
- Allow 1 to 3 weeks for payments to appear in the payment history
For businesses, a transcript can be obtained by filing Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.